In 2017, Community Servants served more than 1500 local families and individuals and had over 20,000 volunteer hours donated by local citizens and visiting teams. We have 11 different nations represented in our Adult ESL program.
Community Servants started as an outreach mission of Smyrna Assembly (now SpringHouse Worship & Arts Center) in 1994. Bruce Coble, Missions Pastor, received permission from Wherry Housing Authority to remodel an apartment and use it for 1 year to help a couple of homeless families get a fresh start. Founded and still based on the Biblical mandate to care for the poor, widows & the fatherless, Community Servants became a non-profit in 2003. Now with many local churches and visiting mission teams coming to serve in this community, the ministry continues to expand to serve our greater community.
What We've Achieved
- Provided free homework help and tutoring to hundreds of young students.
- Helped over 25 adults achieve U.S. citizenship.
- Taught over 700 of non-English speakers conversational English.
- Helped renovate housing units 100s of times in the community over the years.
- Provided clothing and essential household items for over 500 people in 2017.
- Graduated 12 missionaries from our Mission Training School.
- Housed over 50 foreign missionaries in our missionary apartments.
- Graduated over 30 college students from our intern program.